Beginning 08/01/2019, P.L.A.Y. will promote, by means of internet and print, the opportunity to submit entries to win the Scholars Helping Collars Scholarship.
P.L.A.Y. was honored to receive a record amount of essay submissions last year! Due to this increase in scholarships; P.L.A.Y. is thrilled to now offer three cash prizes.
1st Prize - One Scholarship valued at $1,500
2nd Prize - $300 and one set of Warm Bellies Special Edition Chill Pads (10 beds) to be donated to an animal shelter of your choice*
3rd Prize - $200 and one Garden Fresh plush toy set (5 toys) to be donated to the animal shelter of your choice*
*Prizes ship to U.S. animal shelters only and must be located within the 48 contiguous states
The contest is open to U.S. residents. No purchase necessary. All participants must be enrolled as a full-time high school senior. Entries are limited to one submission per person. Immediate family members of P.L.A.Y. employees are excluded from this contest. All essay submissions must be received by 11:59 PM PT on Friday, February 28, 2020.
How To Enter
To apply, head to: HTTPS://WWW.SURVEYMONKEY.COM/R/PWYZ9DM. Students will submit an essay detailing their volunteer efforts to help animals in need, describing how that involvement has changed their lives and community or shaped their perceptions on the importance of animal welfare by February 28, 2020. Must include photos with essay submission.
- The essay should be between 500-1000 words.
- Upload a Word doc attachment to HTTPS://WWW.SURVEYMONKEY.COM/R/PWYZ9DM with your essay submission.
- The file name should be your full name, state, and date of birth. For example,
- Submit 2-3 photos of your volunteer efforts to help animals in need
- You will also be required to enter your full name, date of birth, email address, postal address, high school you are currently enrolled in, and a phone number to contact.
Failure to provide any of these terms listed above will result in automatic disqualification. If you have any questions, please email SCHOLARSHIP@PETPLAY.COM.
How To Win
P.L.A.Y. will select the winner based on the best essay as determined by our internal panel of judges. Selection criteria will include, but is not limited to:
- Compelling and engaging description of volunteer efforts and their impact on your personal life, as well as your community.
- Thematic consistency throughout the submission around the central thesis.
- Proper spelling and grammar usage throughout the submission.
Following the February 28th deadline, P.L.A.Y. will select the winner during the month of March and will announce the winner in April 2020 on the website pending notification of the student and his or her family. Please note that winner must provide proof of acceptance to College/University of choice prior to receiving the grand prize.